The 2017 MyState Foundation Grant Recipients have been announced
The 2017 MyState Foundation Grant applications have closed and the recipients have been announced.
View the Grant Recipients here
What we fund
We provide grants to eligible not-for-profit organisations working with young Tasmanians to empower them to be able to recognise and use the opportunities presented to them in life.
The amount of money distributed by Foundation grants varies each year. Grants are usually in the range of $1,000 to $5,000 but sometimes we give consideration to worthwhile projects that require larger amounts. This can be up to $10,000 for worthy applicants.
We are looking to support organisations that:
- Benefit as many young Tasmanians as possible
- Demonstrate that funds will be retained in Tasmania
- Meet a need within the Tasmanian community
- Demonstrate a clear business plan and define their key objectives
- Demonstrate a measurable long-term benefit and achievable goals
The Foundation will not consider awarding grants for:
- Individuals, foundations or organisations that are themselves grant-making bodies
- Fundraising events and campaigns
- Normal operating costs, administration etc. (other than in exceptional circumstances)
- Debt retirement or budget deficits
- Conference organisers or attendees
- Excursion-based activities that are not part of a broader project focussing on MyState Foundation objectives
- An activity which began in the previous financial year
- Purchased equipment not associated with an ongoing project